- Download the Windows 8 ISO and burn it to a DVD.
- Boot from Windows install disc
- Click Next in the setup page after you select your language, time and keyboard input
- Click Repair your computer and select Troubleshoot
- Click on Advanced options
- Select Automatic Repair and select your operating system.
- Boot from your install disc
- Click on Repair your computer after you go through language, time etc.
- Select your Windows installation drive, which is usually C:\, and click Next
- Choose Command Prompt when the System Recovery Options box appears
- Write the following command and press Enter afterwards:
- bootrec /rebuildbcd
- Download the Easy Recovery Essentials from here and burn it to a disc using the instructions here. Choose your version (XP, Vista, 7 or 8) before you go to download.
- Burn the image. Follow these instructions on how to burn the bootable ISO image very carefully, as making a bootable CD can be tricky!
- Boot into Easy Recovery Essentials
- Choose the Automated Repair option and click on the Continue button
- Choose the drive where you installed your Windows version copy (usually C:) and click on the Automated Repair button Easy
- Recovery Essentials will now fix this error using the Automated Repair program
- When the process is completed, click on the Restart button